All things Siesta Key. Stories, news, and event information about Sarasota, Florida's beautiful beach.
Discover the Best Pet-Friendly Beaches, Parks, and Hotels in Sarasota
Bringing your pet on vacation with you can add to the fun and the memories of your stay. They’ll be in all the photos, you’ll have the comfort of your fur-baby with you, and you won’t have to pay a pet-sitter like you would if you left Fido behind. But before you book your trip, it’s important to be sure your pup will be allowed everywhere you go on vacation! That’s why the Best Western Siesta Key has put together a list of the best pet-friendly beaches, parks, and hotels in the area. Take a look and use this list to plan a great vacation for you and your favorite furry friends.
Brohard Paw Park in Venice is the only beach in Sarasota County to welcome dogs. Open from 7 am until sunset, this is a great location for locals and tourists alike to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf with your pup. Come early or stay to watch the sunset, play within fenced dog parks for large and small dogs, or let you pet frolic in the waves. Equipped with exclusive dog showers, water fountains and fire hydrants, you and your dog will have a blast on this strip of pet-friendly coastal heaven. 1600 Harbor Dr. S., Venice, FL 34285
Several parks welcome pets on and off leashes in the Sarasota area. While not located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, you can still usually find water nearby for splashing around when the sun gets too warm.
- Christopher Wheeler Dog Park: For social dogs, the Christopher Wheeler Off-Leash Dog Park is a great option. Let your pup run free and play with other dogs in this local hot spot for our four-legged friends.
- Boyd Park: Pet and kid-friendly, Boyd Park is a great place to bring your leashed dog for a fun, family-friendly afternoon. Located on the waterfront, kids and pets can hop in the water and cool off while playing to their heart’s content.
- Bird Key Beach Park: Located on the John Ringling Causeway, Bird Key Beach Park is a great place to walk your leashed dog while enjoying the iconic view of the Ringling Bridge. Spanning the waterway between Sarasota and St. Armand’s Circle, you’ll find incredible views while your pup enjoys the sandy causeway.
- Centennial Park: More peaceful waterfront territory awaits at Centennial Park, where boats launch into Sarasota Bay and leashed dogs are always welcome. Enjoy the grassy park, or dip your toes- and paws- in the water near the sandy boat launch area away from motorized vehicles.
- Arlington Park: Less than 5 miles away from The Best Western Siesta Key is Arlington Park, a beautiful park located in a quaint neighborhood with paved walking trails, a pond, lots of trees, and 2 gated off-leash dog parks, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs.
Finding a pet-friendly hotel can be challenging, but a few of these local condos or beach villas are happy to allow small dogs. Fees are often associated, so be sure to check with the management to be clear about the terms before bringing your pet along on vacation. Here are some local places that will be happy to accommodate you and your pet.
- Adorable Villa on Siesta Key: Stay on the waterfront of Siesta Key Public Beach and enjoy your own villa with a kitchen during your stay. At Adorable Villa on Siesta Key, beaches, dining, and shopping are all within walking distance.
- Tropical Breeze Resort: Enjoy waterfront property at the stylish Tropical Breeze Resort, which will accommodate up to two small dogs per room. Located near dog-friendly parks, you and your pup will love this location.
- Beach Place: Enjoy this comfortable Beach Place apartment with kitchen amenities located near Siesta Key Public Beach. Dogs and cats are both welcome in this quaint locale, complete with a garden to enjoy.
- Casa del Miramar: Casa Del Miramar is a condo equipped with a full kitchen, located near the water and several walkable locations. Dogs are welcome and an on-site garden gives you plenty of reasons to get outside.
If you love to include your pets in your travel and vacation plans, look no further than Siesta Key and Sarasota. This beautiful slice of paradise is ready to welcome you and your entire family, pets included. To learn more about the accommodations you and your pets can enjoy in the greater Sarasota area, talk to the experts at The Best Western Siesta Key. We’re here to help you make the most of your visit to our beaches!