All things Siesta Key. Stories, news, and event information about Sarasota, Florida's beautiful beach.
Tips for Planning Your Siesta Key Beach Wedding
You just got engaged, and you’re thinking a beach wedding just might be the dream setting for you and your betrothed to recite your vows. First of all, congratulations! In some ways, you’ve just streamlined a lot of the decision-making behind planning a wedding. Certain things simply fall into place when you opt for a beach as your wedding venue of choice.
The wedding experts at the Best Western Siesta Key are no strangers to beach weddings. After all, our shores are some of the most beautiful in the world (we’ve won awards). We know what works, what doesn’t, and we have plenty of tips for making your big day the most special one ever. Here are a few things to consider as you plan your Siesta Key beach wedding.
Pros/Cons of Siesta Key Beach Weddings
Some obvious reasons for having a beach wedding include pictures that will be phenomenal, the ambiance and natural atmosphere of a beach wedding put everyone in a good mood, and you save money by not paying for a fancy venue. But here are some other great reasons to have a beach wedding (and a few reasons that could cause you to reconsider… though we hope you don’t!).
- Planning: Planning a beach wedding, like all weddings, takes some time. Siesta Key beaches require a permit for the ceremony and another one for the reception if you plan to stay on the beach the entire time. Be sure to find out how long it takes to acquire a permit, or talk to a local wedding planner who has experience with this and may even be able to acquire the permits for you.
- Decorating: There’s nothing easier than decorating for a beach wedding. With so much natural beauty, just a few items such as a cool arch and some tulle, chairs, and a little garland are all you need. Of course, you can embellish further if you want to. But be aware of public beach restrictions (like open flames or alcohol). It’s also good to account for the elements – beaches are breezy and high tide could wash your wedding party away!
- Attire: If you and your intended are casual people, a beach wedding is for you. No shoes, lightweight clothing, guests in sundresses and khaki shorts… the beach invites a laid-back feel. Be sure to think through the issues of heat, wind, and sand when you create your perfect beach wedding. May we recommend flip flops as party favors?
- Weather: Any outdoor event is subject to weather restrictions, and Siesta Key is no different. While conventional wisdom says to opt for beach weddings during summer months, we suggest October-April, when our winter feels like your spring and hurricanes are far less likely to ruin your weekend.
Tips for a Beautiful Beach Wedding
If you have your heart set on a beach wedding, here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your most amazing day ever.
- Comfort Measures: Be sure you, your wedding party, and your guests are as comfortable as possible during your wedding. Having chairs (at least for those who need to sit), a shoe station so guests can swap their dress shoes for flip flops, and choosing a not-too-hot time of day (we recommend early morning or sunset) will allow everyone, including small children and elderly relatives, to enjoy the day.
- Rain or shine: Prepare for inclement weather with umbrellas or a tent and sunscreen to keep guests cool, dry, and sunburn-free. During the summer months, it’s wise to have a backup venue in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.
- Reception decisions: An on-site reception can be convenient, but might also be rather limited since most beaches (Siesta Key included) have restrictions on open flames, alcohol, and power sources. The Best Western Siesta Key, with its complimentary beach shuttle to and from the hotel, might be a better option. After the beach ceremony, guests can take the shuttle back to the hotel, where a stunning evening awaits.
Where to Stay in Siesta Key
The Best Western Siesta Key is a terrific option for you, your family, your wedding party, and other guests.
- Group rates: We offer group rates that will make everyone’s stay enjoyable and allow everyone to be gathered in one place.
- Shuttles: Our complimentary shuttle service will take your wedding party and guests to and from the hotel, giving everyone a reason to stay and play.
- Reception venue: Holding your reception at the Best Western will bring everyone together in the same hotel where they’re staying, making the party last as long as you like.
- Honeymoon: Why leave just because your guests do? If you’ve traveled to Siesta Key for your destination beach wedding, consider making this your honeymoon location as well. Stay with us, explore Siesta Key, Sarasota, and the surrounding area, and relax after throwing such a fabulous wedding.
- Amenities: With our Sand Dollar Pool Bar, located beside our heated pool and hot tub, along with our outdoor living area, hot breakfast each morning and treats throughout the day, not to mention free shuttle service to and from the beaches all day long, you’ll find the Best Western Siesta Key meets all of your needs and plenty of your wants, as well.
Why Siesta Key is the Perfect Destination
Of course, you’ll want to do your research, but we think you’ll find Siesta Key to be the perfect spot for your destination beach wedding. Here are just a few reasons why:
- White, sandy beaches: Our beaches have been voted the best in the country and the world. With their white, powdered-sugar sand and calm, sparkling waters, you couldn’t ask for a prettier setting.
- Hot Vacation Spot: There’s so much to do in and around Siesta Key, you’ll find sticking around for a week or so to honeymoon will create memories that last a lifetime.
- Gorgeous photos: At the end of your wedding day, what remains (besides the groom of course) are your memories of such a special event. The photographs you’ll acquire on Siesta Key will give your wedding a fairy tale quality that you’ll love to reminisce about for years to come.
As you plan your perfect beach wedding, consider the Best Western Siesta Key. We have all the amenities you need, can create a perfect vacation for you and your guests, and gladly accommodate your wedding. Talk to a local wedding professional today and make your Siesta Key beach wedding dream a reality.
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- August 2018
- May 2018
- January 2018
- August 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016