All things Siesta Key. Stories, news, and event information about Sarasota, Florida's beautiful beach.
Top 10 Tourist Hot-Spots in Sarasota
Visiting Siesta Key and the surrounding Sarasota area is definitely fun and exciting. The area is bustling with things to do for everyone, young and old, indoors and out. With so many possibilities, it can be hard to know how to make the most of your vacation time here. That’s where the experts at Best Western Siesta Key come in. We’ve found the top tourist attractions in the area to share with you. Whether you love theatre, educational tours, outdoor adventures or simply clowning around, we’ve got you covered.
These are our top 10 favorite things to do on vacation in the Sarasota area:
- Myakka State Park: Take an airboat tour, rent a canoe, kayak or bicycle and discover 57 square miles of wetlands, prairies, and woodlands- Florida in its most natural state.
- The Asolo Repertory Theatre: Enjoy one of 15 amazing theatrical productions every season, from reinterpretations of contemporary and classic pieces to provocative new musical theatre experiences.
- Burns Court Cinema: Find first-run, hand-picked foreign, independent and art films at this quaint cinema nestled in the heart of Sarasota’s Historic District.
- Sarasota Film Festival (March 27-April 5, 2020): If you’re in town for this festival, reputed nationally for bringing award-winning films and stars to Sarasota, take in a few of the up-and-coming films while celebrating the festival’s 21st year running.
- Van Wezel: Check Van Wezel’s calendar before you arrive to see what performances you might catch. From famed musicians and comedians to favorite plays and musicals, there’s always something happening at this performing arts gem.
- Mote Marine Laboratory: Learn about the marine life abiding in Sarasota Bay when you tour Mote Marine and learn how science and research can save many species of fish and wildlife. Find sharks, manatees, jellyfish, dolphins, penguins, sea turtles and more at Mote.
- Selby Botanical Gardens: Encounter 14 acres of colorful exotic plants, flowers, and trees. From fruit trees to an orchid greenhouse, the beauty of the tropics is never more abundant than at Selby Botanical Gardens.
- Sailor Circus 71st Annual Spring Show (April 9-19, 2020): Sarasota is circus country, so a trip to the big top is a taste of local color. Catch America’s longest-running youth circus program at their newly-renovated Sailor Circus Arena.
- Siesta Key Beach: Indulge in Florida’s favorite tourist attraction- our Gulf beaches! Siesta Key Beach is comprised mainly of quartz, balancing your soul and cooling your feet. Dip your toes in crystal-clear water, lounge on the powder-white sand, and soak up the Florida sunshine.
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art: The Ringling estate boasts numerous art galleries featuring exhibits that travel the world, all on the famous circus family’s winter estate. Check out the Ca D’Zan and circus museum as well as Mable’s award-winning rose garden while you’re here!
The extensive list of attractions and things to do in Sarasota encompasses something for everyone, so if you don’t find anything appealing on this list, be sure to talk to our experts at Best Western Siesta Key. We’ll help you plan the perfect vacation day in Sarasota that you’ll remember for years to come. Tailor your vacation to get out of it exactly what you want to learn, discover or experience. It’s all here in Sarasota.